About PMC / Job Descriptions
Senior Electrical Design Engineer - This top-level position on PMC's Engineering team requires a candidate with proven experience in embedded design and development, FPGA design tools and experience designing microprocessor-based board-level products that are cost-effective, reliable, and suitable for high volume manufacturing. Any motion control and/or management experience is a plus.
- Identify new technologies and product opportunities and help to define new product specifications. Support product management to define, determine feasibility and prioritize new product requirements and specifications.
- Create detailed circuit, PCB layout, FPGA and firmware designs that meet product requirements and manufacturing, cost, and project objectives.
- Develop design verification test strategies, and define manufacturing test and process requirements to ensure product quality and production requirements.
- Responsible for generation and modification of all electrical engineering documentation including, schematics, BOM's, manuals, and other product release documents.
- Provide sustaining engineering support to contract manufacturers.
- Work with customers to solve engineering related issues.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in designing microprocessor based embedded systems. Familiarity with MIPS architecture and implementation a big plus.
- Proven ability to use communication protocols such as PCI, Ethernet, modem and RS-232 in circuit design.
- Must be a hands-on engineer, with extensive laboratory experience debugging and characterizing high-speed digital circuits and use of the latest laboratory test equipment such as high-speed digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and bus exercisers/analyzers.
- Experience in component selection and qualification.
- Some familiarity with MCU firmware development and development tools is required.
- Experience with ISO-9000 and solving circuit and system-level EMI problems to meet EMC requirements a plus.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Expertise in using Altium Designer and Xilinx ISE tools a plus.
- Experience with embedded Real-Time Operating Systems such as RTEMS or embedded Linux, C/C++ a plus.
- Any experience with automation, robotics or motion control systems is a big plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience and BSEE degree or eqivalent are required.
Application Engineer - This key technical position in PMC's Sales & Marketing group requires excellent oral and written communication skills, 2+ years experience with integration and programming of automation and/or computer systems, and some travel. Motion control and/or industrial automation experience a big plus.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support. Help PMC customers to select, configure, connect, program, debug and deploy PMC motion controllers. Occasional travel to customer sites is required.
- Provide competitive analyses and technical feedback on an ongoing basis to help meet PMC's objectives for continual product improvement.
- Assist with marketing research, sales-promotion and lead follow-up.
- Contribute to PMC's product manuals, tech notes and other product documentation.
- Develop and present compelling product demo's and technical presentations at customer sites and trade shows.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must be proactive and self-directed. Must be willing to take the initiative in anticipating needs and responding with creative solutions without management direction.
- Must have excellent technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience and knowledge of PC-based and/or embedded hardware and software technologies is required.
- Some C/C++ programming experience and familiarity with Visual Basic is required.
- Field sales/support and/or industrial control system experience is a plus.
- Experience with electro-mechanical, mechatronics, robotics or motion control systems is a big plus.
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science is highly desirable.
PMC offers competitive salaries & benefits in a beautiful Southern California setting. E-mail your resume to
, fax it to (760) 930-0222, or snail mail it to 5431 Avenida Encinas, Ste G, Carlsbad CA 92011.